5 Reasons You Need New Content
Posted on Friday, 25 June, 2010 at 5:34 pm
Check out this great article, giving you 5 reasons why your website needs new original and up to date content. Some of the reasons include…
1. Your Homepage is the Most Powerful
You need to have a reasonable amount of content (eg words, not just pretty pictures) on your front page to help rank higher. The less you have on your front page the less chance you have of ranking for more keywords and obviously, the more keywords the better.
2. Quality & Quantity of your content
Does all your pages contain 50-100 words or less? Google may put you on the supplemental list if your content is fairly short. If this is the case, your Pagerank will drop faster then a speeding bullet.
3. Are You Link Worthy?
Your content needs to have good content in hope to get links from other relating sites. If it isn’t a good informational source, people simply won’t link, which in turn doesn’t help your Google SEO.
4. Go for long-tail Keyword Phrases
Remember to target long-tail keyword phrases, this in turn will help your short-tail phrases.
5. Originality helps you rank high
Original content is king, and it always will be, and its what Google is looking for the most. Keep Google happy and you’ll be rewarded!
Read the full article by visiting the link below.
1. Your homepage is the most powerful page in the website. Even if you have made the effort to place lots of backlinks here, remember that a search engine needs phrases to rank ? so the less words you have, the less phrases, the less probability of ranking.
So how does your website stack up? Need help with your content & web site design in Mildura? Feel free to contact us.